Freia 2007 - "Look what I found"

A sort of puppet-man game with a quiz at the end, if you can survive the Trolls and goats!

This project was a challenge in many ways. The navigation and gameplay of the quiz was a task we needed to make work both from a technical and user friendly view. But the advanced physics programming in the puppet game soon became the focus of my attention. During this project I learned that game programming is both really fun and that it can sometimes be tricky.

My part in this

  • Concept development for puppet game (part of team)
  • Level design/development for puppet game (artwork by Magne Hage)
  • Flash development for site and games
  • Backend development

Technologies used

  • Flash
  • ActionScript 2
  • PHP 4
  • MySQL

The Chain

The concept was partly a social network, partly a campaign site. Users would sign up to "the chain" in support of children of the third world, using the site for communication and entertainment.

Picture 1.png

"The Chain" was an idea concocted by Rune Glad, designed by Kjartan Haugen and Espen Hareide and brought to life trough code by myself.

Picture 5.png

The site was build in Flash while the backend was done using PHP and MySQL.

My part in this

  • Concept development (part of team)
  • System engineering
  • Backend development
  • Frontend development

Technologies used

  • Flash
  • PHP
  • MySQL
  • JavaScript

Steinar 2006

How about a video editor where you can create your own cursing videos?

This project had a lot of media content, a lot of interactive movies and a lot of networked services, from cell phone API’s to landline dialing communication. Still, the most exciting part was the movie clip editor where the user could create and share their own movies. This editor was built in a week using Flash 8.

My part in this

  • Flash Development
  • Concept development and UI layout for movie editor
  • Backend development.

Technologies used

  • Flash
  • ActionScript 2
  • PHP 4/MySQL

Sesam Memory-game

The game in it self is as straight forward as can be, it’s plain old memory-game.

The twist here lies in the way the pictures on the tiles arrive. The game was hooked up to a search API so the users could do an image search, populating their own content on the pieces. If you wanted dogs on the tiles you’d get a dogs only memory game.

The challenge and interesting part was to make this fast enough and to optimize any random picture for usage in the game - dynamically.

My part in this

  • Flash Development
  • Backend development

Technologies used

  • Flash
  • ActionScript 2
  • PHP 4